About our Physical Education Program
In our Physical Education Program students in Transition to Year 2 work on fundamental movement skills in a variety of situations. They interact positively with others, sharing equipment and taking turns. Students apply strategies to keep themselves healthy and safe.
Students in years 3 to 6 work collaboratively and apply rules fairly. They use decision making and problem solving skills to demonstrate safety and enhance their health and wellbeing. Students refine their fundamental movement skills and learn the rules and skills involved in different sports.
For Physical Education we have the use of the basketball court, the school oval and the undercover gymnasium to develop skills associated with sports including basketball, gymnastics, netball and athletics.
The program is vital to:
- promoting healthy growth and development.
- helping to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- building strong bones and muscles.
- improving cardiovascular fitness.
- improving balance, coordination and strength.
- maintaining and developing flexibility.
- improving posture.