The Walk-a-Thon, a major fundraiser for our school is once again upon us. All students from Transition to Year 6 will be participating. The Walk-a-Thon will take place in Week 8 on Friday 14 September 2018 at 8.30am.
The perimeter of Bakewell Primary School will be used as the course for the Walk-a-Thon. One lap of the school perimeter equals 2kms.The front Car Park area will be closed off from 8.30am. Parents are encouraged to assist students with sponsorship which may come from friends, close neighbours, relatives or parents and work colleagues.
Points to note regarding sponsorship:
- Please help your child to complete the Sponsorship Form
- Children have Weeks 5, 6, 7 & 8 to obtain sponsorship
- All children will have opportunities to be awarded a prize for raising money
- Students who raise $20.00 will be entered into the draw to win one of six brand new bikes/scooters (students will receive a ticket in this draw for each $20.00 collected e.g. $80 = 4 tickets).
- Medallions will be awarded to students who raise $100.00 or more
- All students gaining sponsorship will receive a Walk-a-Thon Participation Certificate.
The presentation of prizes will take place at our School Assembly in Week 10 on Friday 28 September 2018.
We are hoping to raise over $10,000.00 for this year’s Walk-a-Thon so your assistance is important and valued. All monies raised will be used to upgrade the library and for post-cyclone landscaping projects.