Created: 01 April 2011
The Library Team works collaboratively to ensure that the Bakewell School Community is provided with an efficient facility that:
- Supports the planning and implementation of the teaching and learning programs.
- Provides quality resources that promote and support reading for pleasure.
- Provides teaching staff with curriculum resources and professional development materials from within and outside of the school.
- Has a welcoming, stimulating and bright atmosphere.
Is promoted as a learning centre for students, school staff and parents.
- Provides and maintains a wide range of multimedia resources.
- Is available as a venue for professional development, meetings, recreational activities and special events.
The Library Program
Each class has a 30 minute session per week. This is predominantly for
the returning and borrowing of books. A 'discussion focus' is incorporated within this time.
The aims of these discussions are:
- Informing the students of the range of multimedia resources available.
- Developing and sustaining, in students, the habit and enjoyment of reading for pleasure.
- Introducing and practising the skills needed for the independent use of the library.
- General housekeeping eg reinforcement of library rules/promoting the use of library bags.